What's funny about that title is that I can apply it to my brother at home and to my brother here. On Sunday we (the family) watched the show Bailando por la Boda de mis Sueños. It is a show in which couples compete in a dancing competition to win the wedding of their dreams. So what is my host brother doing on this show? Not dancing for the wedding of his dreams but singing and being interviewed about his career as a singer and a musician. They had 10 "famosos" or famous people on to get ratings I believe. (I really don't know why else they would dedicate a show to them) Anyway, he sang a song called "Mentira" which is really good and the next day he was in a picture in El Comercio (Quito's major daily paper) with all the famosos. Exciting no?. I also think it is awesome that my real brother is on tour promoting his new album which is in stores now. I believe you can pick it up at Dr. Wax in Evanston and Chicago. Not bad hermanos, not bad!!
Here is an article if you want to read it. I will warn you that it is in Spanish. My host brother is Fernando Pacheco. http://www.eluniverso.com/2008/02/10/0001/1066/EEBB74F68A1F4991A48C0407D57C15E4.aspx
Also, here is another article from last spring that I found that talks about him and his achievements. There is a picture in this one. Again, also in Spanish. www.hoy.com.ec/NoticiaNue. asp?row_id=264449
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment