I went to the futbol tournament today and watched the girls play. They lost but put up a really good fight. It was a lot of fun but I was really tired so I wasn´t as enthusiastic as I could´ve been. Carlos, my boss, noticed and asked if something was wrong since I wasn´t playing with the kids too much. I didn´t sleep very well last night. I made the mistake of having some coffee before going to bed. Oops. Also, there was definitely a massive bug in my bed that bit me and scared the crap out of me. Ah the country life. The worst are the bugs. You´d think it would be mosquitos but the flies here are nasty. They leave little blood spots where they bite you too.
Yesterday I walked to Cotacachi in about 45 minutes. It is a nice walk. I really want to see if I can buy a bike though. I stopped in a repair shop and asked the guy there if I could buy a cheap bike and he said to return today. I didn´t get back to him today because I took a really long nap but I plan on getting back there on Monday after I meet with my tutor. While in Cotacachi I ran some errands. I stopped at the bank and got 5s for my 20s. 20s are useless here. No one has change. I also finished my gift shopping completely. I ran into Rachel as well. She is another person on my program that is in Cotacachi for her internship. We chatted about our living situations and she told me she already has a ton of work to do for her internship. I kind of wish I had some more to do right now. I feel super unproductive but I know I shouldn´t. I am sure once I meet with Rafael I will have lot´s to do. This week was the introduction week so I figure the real work will begin when I start teaching.
I have realized that I hate loud speakers. Well, I just hate being woken up at 5:40AM to a blaring song and then an announcement about a market that will occur later in the day. I wake up here around 6 every day without an alarm or anything. It is good but I also really like sleeping so I don´t get up until 7. School starts at 7:30 and I only live a block away so it is really nice. I have taken to naps after lunch as well. I am done with class around 12:30 and then I come home and eat and pass out. It is quite a routine if you ask me.
Well, I hope to go to Cuicocha tomorrow with Rachel and Melanie and maybe Megan. There is a really pretty lagoon there aparently. I want to do some exploring of the area. I wonder if I will find some people to hang out with tonight. I met Marcelo yesterday and he told me that on the weekends if you don´t have a boyfriend or girlfriend you spend your weekends playing sports. That´s cool. Maybe I can join a volley ball game or two.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment