Wow, this past week has been really tiring and somewhat frustrating. I finally got my paper done on Friday which was great but I was also robbed again. This time someone took my camera out of my backpack while I was waiting for the bus at the stop. I think I hadn't closed the pocket well enough so they probably saw it and quickly grabbed it because other stuff wasn't taken like my phone of my money in a different pocket. Stupid stupid me. Fortunately, I have all the pictures online so I am just missing a camera now and the originals of a lot of photos. I put a lot of photos on my bro's comp so I burned them to a CD to take home. I also was bummed because I wasn't going to have a camera to take photos with the family last night but it ended up being fine because Lindsay came over and let me use her camera. The pictures are up under Mi Querido Quito.
Later we went to la Mariscal to meet up with everyone who was still around from the program. It was nice to spend one last night going out with everyone. I was absolutely exhausted but I danced it up anyway. We all know the songs now and can sing along to the majority of the reggaeton and popular songs here.
This morning I met up with Jhon, a friend I made in La Calera. He had a CD for me and I had some some lyrics for him. He works in Quito so it was easy to meet. I was able to get a lot done this morning that included buying a gift for my niece and getting pictures printed to frame for the family. I am really tired and should probably take a nap but I need to go to el jardin (the mall) to pick up a few things and also I need to make sure my clothes dry. I plan on going out with David and Topocho tonight so I want to have at least a little bit of energy to dance.
I am feeling pretty good today. I am not feeling sad but more surreal. I think I am more prepared to leave. I am going to miss my family so much and everything and I know it is not going to be super easy to adjust back to US culture but at least I am feeling better about everything and more optimistic than before. I can't even explain how much I feel like I have learned and grown here. Words can't express my gratitude for all the people that have come into my life here and made an impact. I only hope that I will have left them with something as well.
I think this might be my last entry. Weird... I will be on a plane home tomorrow night. I am looking forward to seeing my mom at Ohare. A big hug is in order. :)
I hope that everyone who has read this blog has enjoyed hearing about my time here. The internet is an amazing thing that has allowed us to know so much more about the lives of our friends and I think that the fact that my friends and family will know about most of the stuff that happened to me there will be less of an adjustment problem or the problem of talking and feeling like no one knows what I am talking about. I am more than happy to share stories though. I hope people have stories to share with me too. :)
Hasta entonces!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment