Saturday, April 26, 2008
Robbed but unharmed
Well, it happened finally. I was pickpocketed today in Otavalo while at the market with Rachel and Lindsay. It was partially my fault for not being more vigilant about my wallet. It was in the pocket of my jacket that was unzipped and hanging off my bag. I basically asked for it. Unfortunately, I lost my ATM card and $80 but I had already bought everything that I wanted at the market. It is a horrible feeling knowing that someone took your stuff but when it comes down to it it was just money and the card is replaceable. I am happy that I wasn´t jumped or asaulted like some people have been. If this is the worst that happens to me here I will be ok with that. Money is money right and some people don´t have any.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment